We have many A-Z keywords for this term.peterhof palace
Keyword Suggestionspeterhof st petersburg
peterhof russia palace official website
peterhof gietijzeren pannen
These are the linked keywords we found.russia
Versailles was, however, the inspiration for Peter the Great's desire to build an imperial palace in the suburbs of his new city and, after an aborted attempt at Strelna, Peterhof - which means "Peter's Court" in German - became the site for the Tsar's Monplaisir Palace, and then of the original Grand Palace. The estate was equally popular with Peter's daughter, Empress Elizabeth, who ordered the expansion of the Grand Palace and greatly extended the park and the famous system of fountains, including the truly spectacular Grand Cascade.
The Peterhof Palace ( Russian : Петерго́ф ; IPA: [pʲɪtʲɪrˈɡof] ,  Dutch for Peter's Court )  is a series of palaces and gardens located in Petergof , Saint Petersburg , Russia , laid out on the orders of Peter the Great . These palaces and gardens are sometimes referred as the "Russian Versailles ". The palace-ensemble along with the city center is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site .
Petergof ( Russian : Петерго́ф ) or Peterhof ( German and Dutch for "Peter's Court"), known as Petrodvorets ( Петродворец ) from 1944 to 1997, is a municipal town in Petrodvortsovy District of the federal city of St. Petersburg , located on the southern shore of the Gulf of Finland . Population: 73,199 ( 2010 Census ) ;  64,791 ( 2002 Census ) ;  81,525 ( 1989 Census ) . 
The Grand Palace at Peterhof was designed to be the centerpiece of Peter the Great's "Russian Versaille". Around 1720, the Tsar gave up on attempts to establish his court at Strelna, mainly because the boggy ground proved entirely unsuitable for the canals and fountains that he envisioned. Moving his attentions further west to Peterhof, the Tsar began to draw up his own plans for the grounds and palace. Work had already begun on a modest palace, designed by Jean-Baptiste Le Blond, in 1714, and that building was completed in 1721.
We would like to thank EVERYONE who took the time to visit us @IAW in Cologne, Germany. It was our pleasure to see all of you and we appreciate all our business relationships, old or new.